5 Tips to Help You Settle into Your New Home
So you did it!
You survived the move. The last box has been delivered and you are sitting there in a room covered with boxes and plastic wrap. It is difficult to know what to do next sometimes. First, take a deep breath. Maybe even sit down and enjoy being in your new home for a second. It may not feel or look like home yet, but it will.
As Charlotte movers, we have seen the look of excitement come over homeowner’s faces when we arrive with their belongings change to a look of panic as they realize they have to unpack everything. This can be a very overwhelming and monumental task, but it will get done. Here are a few tips to help:
- Start with the Essentials - Remember those essential boxes you set aside to be opened first? This is a good time to open them. They should have everything you need for a few days. Set up things you need first like your bed. Lay out towels and set up the shower and sink for use. It is also a good idea to change the locks just in case there is a key for your house.
- One Room at a Time - As with any massive project, take it one step at a time. With moving it helps if you can conquer each room individually. Start with the most important rooms, usually the bathroom and kitchen, and move onto the other rooms.
- Make It Your Own - Start brainstorming what décor you would like. Choose paint colors, art work, and other accent pieces to transform the blank canvas into your cozy abode.
- Change Your Address - Before or right after you move, you should change your address with the post office. Then, once you get to your new home, change your address on your vehicle registration and driver license.
- Get Involved - Get involved with the community. Get out and meet your neighbors. Join a club or another community organization. One of the best ways to enjoy your new home is to make some friends and get active in the community.
When you start to get overwhelmed by the mound of moving boxes, take a deep breath and use these tips to help you manage the project. It is possible to get settled quickly despite how impossible of a feat it may appear at first.
If you are in the process of planning your move and are looking for a Charlotte moving company, contact the professionals at Smith Dray Line. We have the experience and equipment necessary to make your move a smooth process. Call or visit our website to learn more and to get your FREE quote today!